MY FAMILY’S FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MORNING TREAT!
What You’ll Need:
1 3/4 loaves (~24 oz) thick-sliced cinnamon bread (Smiths carries 14.1 oz loaves of Brioche Cinnamon Twist)
9 large eggs
1 quart half & half
2 Tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
Your favorite prepared Caramel Sauce
What To Do:
- Using all of the bread loaf EXCEPT the end pieces, cut slices into 1/2 inch squares
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, half & half and vanilla. Mix with spoon until well-combined.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt to liquid and combine well.
- Add bread squares and mix well. Let sit for at least 10-20 min; Preheat oven to 350 degrees F while mixture is resting.
- Smear butter or spray into bottom and sides of 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and place on middle rack of oven for 40-45 min. Cook until golden brown on top and set but slightly wobbly in the center. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 min before serving.
- Serve with warmed caramel sauce.
** Or prepare the night before! Follow steps through pouring the mixture into the baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator. Follow baking directions in the morning (approximately 5 to 10 min) until golden brown on top and set but slightly wobbly in the center. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 min before serving. Serve with warmed caramel sauce.