Watermelon and Feta with Mint Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 approx 8 lb. seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 to 3 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1 to 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (recommend “Pastures of Eden” from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cups pine nuts
- optional: 3 cups arugula, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 4 slices of smoked bacon (cooked and crumbled)
What To Do:
- Remove rind from watermelon and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in strainer to allow liquid to drain while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Toss dressing in with watermelon chunks and add mint, feta cheese, pine nuts, and any of the other optional ingredients desired. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until served.