MAC & CHEESE with a LITTLE KICK
What You’ll Need:
- 16 oz. macaroni pasta
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 8 Tbps flour
- 2 c cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup-3/4 c spicy jalapeño dip (purchased at favorite deli)
- 1/2 c panko bread crumbs, buttered
What To Do:
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
- Pour milk and cream in gradually; stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
- Add shredded cheddar little by little and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Add desired amount of jalapeño dip.
- Turn off flame (very important not to burn down the house)
- Add macaroni to the saucepan and toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
- Transfer macaroni to a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake ~20 minutes until the top is golden brown. You may broil at very end to finish browning process
This recipe was slightly altered (jalapeño dip added), but originally derived from Food.com.