CHERRY TOMATO-KALE PASTA with GARLIC SCALLOPS
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb pasta (angel hair, spaghetti, linguini, linguini fini) – Choose your favorite!
- 1 lb sea scallops (rinsed and cleaned)
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped (4 for cooking with scallops, 4 for the tomatoes)
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt & pepper
- 1 large bunch of kale, spine removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes (I like using a mix from Trader Joe’s of red, yellow & orange)
- “Everyday Seasoning” from Trader Joe’s (in the grinder) or equivalent multi herb seasoning
- salt of garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil to taste
What To Do:
– Boil salted water and cooking pasta according to directions; and add olive oil after cooking; combine to thoroughly coat pasta with olive oil.
– Bring about 2 Tbsp olive oil to medium-high heat. Add scallops and brown on all sides until cooked through. Throw in crushed red pepper to taste. Add 4 chopped garlic cloves to scallops about 2 minute before total cooking time is complete.
– In the meantime, heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet and add kale. lemon juice, salt/pepper and some Trader Joe’s “Everyday Seasoning”. Cook about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Cut cherry tomatoes in half; heat another 2 Tbsp olive oil in large medium-sized skillet under medium heat and add tomatoes to pan with kale. Add a little salt & pepper to the tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes. Add 4 chopped cloves of garlic to tomatoes about 2 minute before total cooking time is complete.
– Combine cooked pasta and tomatoes mixture and toss with Parmesan cheese and fresh, sliced basil. Salt as needed. Add more olive oil to loosen pasta as necessary. Enjoy!