What You Need:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous or Near East Couscous (Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil flavor)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I recommend Trader Joes “Wild Uncooked Argentinian Red Shrimp”)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
What To Do:
- Cook couscous according to package directions; remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; stir in 1/4 cup basil. Stir 1/4 cup dressing into cooked couscous; reserve remaining dressing.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with reserved dressing. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with lemon zest and remaining basil.
Credit for this simple and delicious recipe is made to TasteofHome.com.