What You’ll Need:
1 loaf (24 oz) Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread, thick-sliced
9 large eggs
1 quart half & half
2 Tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
Prepared caramel sauce from Trader Joe’s or one similar if you can find it.
What To Do:
- Using all of the bread loaf EXCEPT the end pieces, cut slices into 1/2 inch squares
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, half & half and vanilla. Mix with spoon until well-combined.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt to liquid and combine well.
- Add bread squares and mix well. Let sit for at least 10-20 min; Preheat oven to 350 degrees F while mixture is resting.
- Smear butter or spray into bottom and sides of 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and place on middle rack of oven for 40-45 min. Cook until golden brown on top and set but slightly wobbly in the center. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 min before serving.
- Serve with warmed caramel sauce.
** For breakfast the next day, place in skillet on low-medium heat with small amount of butter until bread pudding is warmed through. Top and bottom should come out slightly crispy. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup or caramel sauce.