Shredded Pork Burritos
What you’ll need:
- about 4 1/2 lb. pork shoulder
- olive oil
- lg. can diced tomatoes in juice
- 12 oz. beer
- 2 c. chicken broth (I use water with 2 tsp. Better Than Bouillon)
- medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup green salsa (with roasted green tomatoes, if available)
Fixings for the burrito:
- fresh flour tortillas (I get mine at El Rosal Tortilla Factory in Reno, or Guerrero if at the store)
- black beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- cilantro, chopped
- tapatio sauce, or whatever you like
- fresh tomatoes, diced
- Spanish rice of your choice
What to do:
- Trim fat from meat and cut into approx. 2 inch cubes. Salt and pepper the meat. Brown in oil over med-high heat in batches. Transfer all browned meat into large stock pot or crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for several hours or put it in a crock pot for several hours until meat is shreddable.
- Break up meat with potato masher.
- Serve in warm tortillas with all the fixings you want.