Linguini with Clam Sauce
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- juice from 4 cans chopped or minced clams (save the clams)
- juice of 1 to 1.5 lemons
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- clams from 4 cans of clams
- Wondra sauce thickener
- 1/2 c. flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese, at the table to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
What to do:
– In large pasta pot, bring salted water to a boil to cook pasta according to directions.
– In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute; Add wine and bring to simmer; Add clam juice from 4 cans of clams (reserve the clams), and lemon juice & crushed red pepper; Bring to simmer and reduce by about one quarter..
– Add clams and simmer for about 5 minutes; Add Wondra to thicken to a “thin nectar” consistency.
– Toss in parsley.
– Serve over hot pasta with a little extra olive oil and parmesan cheese.
Yields 4 generous servings.