BBQ Greek Lamb Burgers
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 oz pitted black olives or Kalamata olives, chopped
- 5 oz feta, crumbled (highly recommend “Pastures of Eden” brand from Trader Joe’s)
- olive oil, for brushing
- 4 crusty rolls, split open OR warm Naan Bread of Middle Eastern Flat Bread (from Trader Joe’s)
- 4 ready-roasted peppers from a jar, drained and roughly sliced
- handful of fresh arugula leaves
- Greek Tzatziki sauce
What to do:
- Combine the ground lamb, red onion, fresh or dried oregano, olives and 3 oz. crumbled feta in a bowl and season generously with black pepper. Shape into 4 large burgers to cook immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- To cook over a barbecue, make sure the coals are white hot with no trace of flame remaining. Lightly brush the burgers with oil and put directly on the bars over the coals. Cook for about 2 minutes to sear the outside, then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Repeat the cooking on each side to cook the burgers for about 8 minutes in total, or until cooked with slight pink meat showing. If they are browning too quickly, move away from the direct heat.
- Toast the cut sides of the rolls on the barbecue until golden brown. If using Naan or Middle Eastern flat bread, place on barbecue flipping frequently until
- Sit a quarter of the sliced roast peppers on the bottom of each sliced roll, Naan or flat bread. Add a burger and top with the remaining crumbled feta, followed by some arugula leaves and the burger bun tops (or wrap Naan or flat bread around.
- Optional: before adding feta, add a dollop of Tzatziki sauce
** Photo above and this delicious recipe was sourced from and inspired by RealFood.Tesco.com.