What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb lean ground turkey
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 jar Barilla marinara sauces
- couple splashes of red wine
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Package Barilla oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
What To Do:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Coat bottom of 9×13 inch baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat; Add chopped mushrooms, sprinkle with a little salt, cover and sauté about 6 min; Reduce heat to med-low and add chopped garlic for about 1-2 min.
- Return heat to medium and add turkey meat, salt, pepper and oregano; Cook meat until not pink, cutting into small pieces with spatula and stirring as needed.
- Add marinara sauce; pour about 1/4 cup red wine into the jar marinara sauce jar, cover with jar lid, shake vigorously and pour contents into meat sauce pan to get most of remaining sauce out of jar.
- Bring to low boil and sauté for about 5 min… do not cook all of moisture out of the meat; remove from heat when finished sautéing.
- In prepared baking dish, place thin layer of meat sauce on bottom of dish; top with sheets of lasagna noodle across pan. Do not overlap. You may break apart pasta to form the narrow 4th row.
- Place another layer of meat sauce on top of pasta, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeat layers in same order… pasta, sauce and cheese until ending with cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with a little dry oregano before covering with aluminum foil and placing in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. Be sure not to allow foil to touch cheese.
- After 25 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 5 min to brown the top cheese a little. Let rest for 15 min before cutting and serving.
- Recommend serving with broiled garlic bread and a healthy, green salad.