SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER
What You’ll Need
- 9 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted and sliced in thin wedges)
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/8 c white sugar
- 1/8 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled & cut into small pieces
- 1/8-1/4 c hot water
- mix together 3 Tbsp white sugar & 1 tsp ground cinnamon
What To Do:
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
– In large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 c white sugar, 1/4 brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and corn starch. Toss to coat evenly and pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 min.
– Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/8 c white sugar, 1/8 cup brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Blend in butter using your hands or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
– Remove peaches from oven and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with sugar & cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 min. Enjoy!
(This recipe is courtesy of allrecipes.com and has been modified to use less sugar than the original recipe)