GARLIC SHRIMP & CRISPY KALE PASTA
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1b uncooked large shrimp/prawns with shell on
- 1/2 cup cooking Sherry
- 1 lemon
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 bunches of dark organic kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- more salt/pepper to taste
- 1 1b angel hair pasta
- olive oil &/or butter (to add to pasta after cooking so it won’t stick, add to your liking)
- Everyday Seasoning or 21 Season Salute (from Trader Joe’s) or multi herb seasoning similar
- Parmesan cheese to taste
What To Do:
- Combine shrimp/prawns, Sherry, juice from 1 lemon, 7 cloves chopped garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper and a sprinkling of salt in bowl and marinate for 20 minutes minimum (the longer the better).
- Prepare salt water on stove to begin cooking process for pasta.
- Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat; Add kale for about 5 min, stirring occasionally; sprinkle with apple cider vinegar (or a little lemon juice) and season with a little salt, pepper and everyday seasoning or 21 Season Salute; continue cooking and stirring occasionally until kale is crispy (about 15-18 min total); lower heat for the last couple of minutes and add 3 garlic cloves, chopped. Turn off heat and cover to keep warm.
- Bring med-large skillet to med-high heat; Pour in shrimp/prawns and it’s marinade juices; Cook until underside of prawns have turned pink; Flip prawns over and cook other side until color is pink. Don’t overcook shrimp.
- While shrimp is sautéing, cook and drain pasta and add olive oil &/or butter to moisten. Season with salt/pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.
- On each plate, first place pasta, then a helping of kale, and top with shrimp/prawns; After doling out helpings, pour remaining juice in pan over each serving equally; Season with parmesan cheese or salt to individual liking. (Serves 4)