BUTTERNUT SQUASH & ITALIAN SAUSAGE RISOTTO
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 1.5 lb sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 c shallots, chopped
- 1.5 c Arborio rice
- 1 c dry white wine
- 4-6 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2-3/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c fresh basil, sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss butternut squash in 2 Tbsp olive oil and add salt/pepper to taste. Place squash in baking pan and roast for 25-30 min. Set aside.
- In the meantime, BBQ sausages on grill over medium heat, turning frequently until cooked through. Slice and set aside with squash.
- In large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat; add shallots for 2 minutes; Add rice and stir constantly until rice is a little shiny/”glassy” in appearance; be sure not to overcook/burn.
- Turn to med-high heat and add white wine and cook down until liquid is almost gone; repeat until rice is “al dente.”
- Stir in butter, Parmesan cheese, squash and sausage to warm through; garnish with basil. Serve immediately.