BAKED SPINACH FRITTATA
What you need:
- 1 package frozen, chopped spinach or equivalent amount fresh and chopped
- 6 extra large or jumbo eggs, whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4-5 slices of wheat bread, cut into small cubes (like stuffing)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (or use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, oregano, thyme mixture)
What to do:
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Cook spinach according to directions; Let spinach cool to the touch and drain well.
– Combine cooked spinach with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Amount of bread used varies depending on size of eggs and size of slices. Mixture consistency should be mostly moist, but not runny.
– Coat glass baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 55 min or until top is golden.
– Allow to cool about 20 minutes and cut into small bitesize pieces. Serve warm, room temperature… even cool.